Sunday, August 23, 2009

Agedashi tofu sashimi

Today, a good friend of mine and a Chef invited me to create a new sushi masterpiece in his kitchen. He asked me what would come with tofu, salmon, tuna, squid, olive and sesame oil, togarashi or chilli flakes and a light soy sauce. I said let’s try anything out of the ordinary. So, he deep-fried the tofu like agedashi style and made the fish into sashimi. He also prepared the sauce for the final touch. His sauce recipe he told me came from his former Japanese chef and he will share it to me after 10 years, he jokingly told me. We’re half way to finish. Assembled it the way he imagined. His first taste puts his sauce perfectly, garnished with green onions, sesame seeds and togarashi or chilli flakes. After that he wipes the plate for excess oil. Done, ready to take the picture and for the final judgement on how’s it taste like. Taste great, sauce is just perfect and the tofu is silky and delicious. I might add a little wasabi, must be much greater! Taste so good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment