Saturday, August 22, 2009

Roll, roll, roll, california roll

You are looking at the picture of my very first, I made it myself with of course the help of my wife =) the California roll. This sushi roll is so tasty, the mango is sweet and the kani or crab stick made a perfect combination for this all time favourite. Shrimp roe adds a little salty taste to this indulging appetizer, too. Another version of this sushi roll is that instead of putting mango in it is replacing it with avocado. Avocado is also perfect for futomaki or the thick roll. In cooking rice for the sushi, you must know the secret recipe for the seasoning. I will tell it to you later on. Back to California roll, you can spice up this dish by adding like a salad on top or simply mix in tempura flakes. So are you going to a Japanese restaurant to try it now? Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment