Monday, August 17, 2009

Fresh, flavorful and fish-tastic!

When they say Sushi-Sashimi, it literally means raw and fresh daily. It’s absolutely nutritious and healthy.

When I first encountered about eating raw fish, I was a little nervous because I’m not used to eating it. I remember in my younger age, some of my cousins are eating raw fish. They make it like salad and they called it in our local dialect “kilawin” which is a little similar to Japanese version of sashimi. The difference is on how and the way they prepare it here in the local. For the whole preparation of my cousins “kilawin”, they mix it up all together in a bowl with vinegar, onions, salt and pepper, etc. After that it’s all up to choose their favourite beer.
The moment came when I decided to try sashimi for the first time; I was surprised because it really taught me to eat what is unusual for me. One thing I know about eating fresh sashimi is healthy and nutritious too, that is because you get all the good stuff in it. You don’t have to worry about bacteria or something like that because with the help of wasabis powerful anti-bacterial properties, mitigates microbial elements or pathogens potentially present, it alleviates all the bad stuff in the fish. So if you would like to try it too, there’s plenty of sushi restaurant you can find anywhere else in the city. One place also best known is where I work in. Kanpai!

0 comments:

Post a Comment